Hydro Impact Pro
- The Only Sports Drink To Include Probiotics
- Electrolyte Replenishment
- Lightly Flavoured
- All Natural Flavours
- 32g Carbohydrate per serving
HYDRO IMPACT PRO
A unique recovery drink
This product was formulated to offer what we believe a sport drink should be. We strove for the product to be more than just an energy drink. The delivery system of minerals and ingredients had to be efficient and work with the body’s own processes. It had to facilitate everything an athlete needs: sustained energy, stable blood sugar and blood pressure, fluid balance. It had to refuel electrolytes, prevent cramping, delay fatigue. We also had to avoid a few things: artificial flavours or colours, high sodium, allergens. The more we learned, the more the product grew, until finally it had it all. Then to make it a little better still, probiotics were added.
Probiotics – in a sports drink?
Probiotics support and restore the immune system. This allows the maintenance of a healthy gastrointestinal tract. A healthy gut allows fast recovery from fatigue, which helps with athletic performance.
The probiotic used in Hydro Impact is heat and cold resistant. It’s also shelf stable, meaning that no refrigeration is required to deliver maximum benefit.
Low in Sodium
Compared to other sports drinks, Hydro Impact offers low sodium content due to its use of a more effective replenishing compound, Magnesium Citrate. This compound is essential in converting blood sugar to energy, helps to maintain normal blood pressure and a healthy heart.
The trouble with too high sodium content
- Too much Sodium might overwhelm the body’s mechanism for regulating it.
- The body has mechanisms in place to effectively regulate and re-circulate Sodium, yet studies show that too much Sodium may interfere with or neutralize these.
- Sweat generates Sodium loss, but rapid replacement neutralizes this loss by allowing water intake to dilute the Sodium content. But, the problem is that high-Sodium electrolyte products can disrupt this natural process by producing a hormone that tells the kidneys to stop filtering and re-circulating Sodium, but to excrete it instead. When this happens, another hormone is produced that dominates Sodium. This causes fluid retention and leads to puffiness and swelling.
- Athletes often suffer with swollen hands and feet from water retention due to products high in Sodium, especially during prolonged exercise in the heat.
- Our body needs only a small amount, 250 mg of Sodium per day, to function normally. Athletes might need up to 500 mg. The average North American consumes about 6000 to 7000 mg of Sodium per day, via natural unprocessed foods. So, most bodies already have a solid supply of Sodium, which is efficiently monitored and re-circulated to keep our blood balanced. It is necessary to replenish Sodium during exercise, but it needs to be in amounts that cooperate with and not override these mechanisms.
Hydro Impact contains 32g carbohydrates to help balance energy production with fluid replacement during prolonged activity. Provided are both fast-acting and slow-release carbohydrates to deliver the energy you need when you need it.
Precision-blended for peak performance
Hydro Impact provides important minerals and electrolytes, which restore fluids and electrolytes both during and after exercise. These ingredients enhance performance, recuperation and overall health. Hydro Impact is lightly flavoured to offer easy digestion.
Ingredients that work for you
- Dextrose is a fast-acting carbohydrate delivers minerals to hard-working muscles.
- Fructose and Maltodextrin are slow-release carbohydrates that provide sustained energy production and stable blood sugar levels.
- Citric Acid (Citrates) Citrates provide the ability to produce more energy, which delays the onset of fatigue and reduces lactic acid build-up.
- Potassium Chloride and Sodium Citrate. The mineral Potassium works with chloride and sodium to maintain the body’s proper fluid balance.
- Magnesium Citrate is essential for converting blood sugar into energy. It also affects nerve and muscle function, so is important for maintaining normal blood pressure and a healthy heart. Athletes know that it prevents cramping too.
- Probiotics support and restore the immune system. This allows the maintenance of a healthy gastrointestinal tract. A healthy gut allows fast recovery from fatigue, which helps with athletic performance.
Lemonade, Orange, Tropical Punch, Watermelon, Wildberry